Current available jobs in Technical Services:
The Video Editor should have a firm understanding of editorial and production workflow for television and website; a clear understanding of visual journalism; exceptional non-linear editing skills; and the ability to create compelling short-form productions. The Video Editor must be comfortable collaborating with managers, designers and work in a deadline-driven environment. The Editor must be highly organized; be able to thrive under pressure; and will be fully proficient in non-linear edit systems such as Adobe Creative Suite, Avid, Adobe After Effects, and ProTools. Experience in working in a sports environment an learning the sport is critical.
Candidate must present a sample reel to demonstrate creativity and abilities.
Relocation to Pueblo, Colorado is required for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Create and modify scripts to become familiar with production concepts and requirements
Must have strong organizational skills with a high level of self-motivation, technical aptitude and excellent visual sense.
Edit original digital video content in Adobe Premiere (Avid Media Composer). Work in After Effects and Photoshop to create original GFX and photo assets for digital video production.
Ability to work with a tapeless workflow and the ability to manage a digital only archive.
Work with the producer/director and digital video production team to learn the objectives and expectations of the project to determine the best way to approach the work and deliver on those expectations.
Offer innovative or creative ideas that add value to video projects.
Compile B-Roll Footage for PR and Marketing or other partner services
Post Clips in MPEG, Windows Media, Upload/download to FTP Site
Create commercials for TV & Radio, infomercials, in-arena elements, social media videos and sponsor sizzle reels
Upload Footage and create B-Roll footage of requested Riders/bulls/Sponsors, etc
Maintain a Video Library
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Proficient in Adobe Premiere
• Proficient in Adobe After Effects
• Proficient in Adobe Photoshop
• Experienced in 2d and 3d animation design
• Candidate must be a creative and enthusiastic solution-oriented team player
• Create and tell a story effectively through editing techniques
• Superior project management, organizational, prioritization, and follow-up skills
• Demonstrate proficiency in clipping video and packaging content for promotional purposes (i.e.: promos, teasers, trailers) to air on television, websites, in-arena, and social media platforms.
• Coordinate project needs with other internal teams
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to accomplish audio and Video sweetening in a fast pace environment
• Ability to work well under pressure and with multiple deadlines
• Ability to adapt easily to rapidly changing conditions associated with a nationally televised sports entertainment environment
• Strong project management experience
EDUCATION AND FORMAL TRAINING:
Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications, Broadcast Media or Digital Cinema preferred or 5 or more years’ equivalent work experience
Three (3) years’ experience working in editing, TV, Radio (preferably in the sports and entertainment arena in a customer or client service capacity)
Normal business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00am – 5:00 pm
Ability to travel to events as needed based on the business
Extended hours as well as weekend work may be required based on the business