Current available jobs in Technical Services:
The Professional Bull Riders is one of the fastest-growing sports properties in the world, operating tours in the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Canada and Mexico. Acquired in 2015 by WME/IMG, the leading sports media entertainment company, in 2016, the PBR enjoyed its most successful year in history with record-setting event attendance and TV ratings. Our growth is driven by a team dedicated to telling the story of the riders and bulls that make the sport great. Our team shares the same spirit of hard work, grit and determination that guides the athletes to compete and succeed in one of the most dangerous sports on earth. To keep pace with one of the fastest growing sports in the world we are expanding our production team.
Our Video Editors have a firm understanding of production workflow for television and web; a clear understanding of visual journalism; exceptional non-linear editing skills; and the ability to create compelling short-form productions. Our new Video Editor must be comfortable collaborating with managers, designers and directors and work in a deadline-driven environment. The Editor must be highly organized; be able to thrive under pressure; and be fully proficient in non-linear edit systems such as Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Photoshop. Every video must be bold, insightful and dedicated to enhancing the brand.
Experience in working in a sports environment and learning the sport is critical.
The candidate must present a CV and sample reel to demonstrate experience, abilities and creativity.
The position will be based in Pueblo, CO at PBR Headquarters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Create dynamic broadcast commercials for TV & Radio for use in Top Ten markets nation-wide.
Collaborate and contribute ideas and storylines to create engaging programming for the PBR O.T.T. Network.
Compile impactful highlight packages and sizzle reels for social media, PR, marketing, live event and programming partners.
Offer innovative or creative ideas that deepen engagement with core fans.
Create and enhance scripts and visual storylines to target sales goals and increase viewer engagement in the sport.
Edit original digital video content in Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop and deliver a variety of formats via FTP, Aspera, and Dropbox as well as direct delivery to broadcast and social media partners.
Work with the producers, directors and digital video production team to learn the objectives of projects to determine the best way to tell a visual story to the audience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop
• Experienced in motion graphics
• Be a creative and enthusiastic solution-oriented team player
• Create and tell a story effectively through editing techniques
• Possess superior project management, organizational, prioritization, and follow-up skills
• Demonstrate proficiency in editing video and packaging content for promotional purposes (i.e.: promos, teasers, trailers) to air on television, websites, in-arena, and social media platforms.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to accomplish audio sweetening and color correcting in a fast pace environment
• Ability to work well under pressure and with multiple deadlines
• Ability to adapt easily to rapidly changing conditions associated with a nationally televised sports entertainment environment
EDUCATION AND FORMAL TRAINING:
· Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications, Broadcast Media or Digital Cinema preferred or 5 or more years’ equivalent work experience
· Three (3) years’ experience working in editing, TV, Radio (preferably in the sports or entertainment industry)
· Normal business hours are Monday through Friday 8:00am – 5:00 pm
· Extended hours as well as weekend work may be required based on the business
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Have you ever worked for WME, IMG, UFC or any of it's affiliates?
2. What is you minimum salary requirements for this position?
3. This position is based at PBR Headquarters in Pueblo, CO. Will you be willing and able to relocate?
4. A sample of your work is required as part of the application process. Please provide links to your work here.