“Seeking eager and knowledgeable candidates for an exciting opportunity, who are able to travel”
The PBR is the world’s premier bull riding organization. In just two decades, the dream of 20 bull riders has become a global sports phenomenon that is televised worldwide. More than 100 million viewers annually watch primetime PBR programming on networks around the world including, such networks as CBS, CBS Sports Network, NBC, and NBC Sports Network. The PBR has awarded over $100 million in prize money and 25 riders have earned over $1 million, including Justin McBride with $5.5 million – the most of any Western – sports athlete in history. Nearly 2 million fans attend Built Ford Tough Series and Touring Pro Division events each year. For more information on the PBR, go to www.pbr.com, or follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PBR and http://twitter.com/PBR.
The Live Event Technical Coordinator is a “back of house” position, responsible for the setup, operation, and maintenance of all of the technology and technical equipment necessary for execution of a PBR Live Event. The Live Event Technical Coordinator must have a thorough understanding and practical hands-on experience working with professional grade high definition video equipment, analog and digital audio equipment, RTS intercom systems, RF Wireless, fiber-optic transport equipment, computer networking and other IT equipment, and understanding of signal flow. This position is based in Pueblo, CO with weekly event travel approximately 60-70% of the year.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Setup, Operate, Troubleshoot, and Maintain broadcast equipment for the in-arena and webcast shows for each event.
• Oversee Setup, Operation, and Breakdown of a custom roll-down 8-Meter LED Video Screen at each event venue.
• Establish contact with each event venue to ensure appropriate internet connection is ordered. Connect, test connection, troubleshoot, and verify adequate bandwidth with venue IT Staff in each broadcast truck and critical location on setup day.
• Maintain proprietary scoring and timing equipment and systems, including digital judge score tablets, clock-plunger and challenge triggers, backend servers, and displays.
• Work with judges, officials, and operators during event performances to quickly resolve any issues and ensure seamless and accurate timing, judging, and reporting of scores.
• Troubleshoot and Maintain RTS Cronus System & peripherals, RTS Trunkmaster, Telex Wireless BTR-800 System(s), and other intercom communication systems.
• Design, Repair, Maintain, and Update all aforementioned systems during tour downtime.
• Other duties as requested by tour management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Business acumen, creative problem solving, organization, and project management skills.
• Working knowledge of MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS Power Point) .
• Experience with RTS AZEdit, RVONEdit, & TrunkEdit Software, and Digital Matrix Intercom Equipment.
• Experience with Professional Broadcast-Grade HD Video Equipment, and Digital & Analog Audio Systems.
• Thorough understanding of signal flow, fiber optic transport/conversion, and basic computer networking.
• Knowledge or Practical Experience with LED Video Boards, Theatrical Lighting & Sound Equipment, and other live-event production related experience is a plus.
• Ability to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment to resolve problems quickly and efficiently while ensuring a seamless experience to our fans is an absolute must.
• Ability to climb stairs and ladders, climb over objects, crawl underneath objects, work and lift 30lbs overhead and work on an uneven dirt surface.
EDUCATION AND FORMAL TRAINING:
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in IT, Broadcast, or Technology Related Field; or equivalent relevant work experience
• 2-4 Years of Broadcast Engineering or Similar Field Experience Preferred, but will consider waiving for the right candidate
• Membership or Certification from NAB (National Association of Broadcasters), SBE (Society of Broadcast Engineers), or InfoComm CTS (Certified Technology Specialist) strongly preferred
• Normal office business hours are Monday-Friday 8AM - 5PM
• Business Travel is required 60-70% of the year, mostly during tour season weekends in January-May, and August-October.
• Extended hours frequently necessary during event weekends
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are able to travel extensively?
2. Are you able to relcoate to Southern Colorado?
3. What experience do you have in the Broadcast Engineerig or Technical Management field?
4. What are your salary expectations?
5. Please list 3 professional references, including their contact information.
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.